Who we are
Where are we
Troop 1920 is located in the Seneca District of the National Capital Area Council. Our focus area are members of upper Montgomery County Maryland, including: Rockville, Gaithersburg, Washington Grove, Montgomery Village, Darnstown, Germantown, Clarksburg, Laytonsville, and Damascus; however we are open to anyone who is willing come to join us. Our meetings are held in Montgomery Village, Maryland.
If you are looking for a Scouts BSA Troop for boys, some nearby Troops include: Troop 1988, Troop 1323, Troop 926 and Troop 318. You can also use the BeAScout website to help you locate other Troops in your area.
What we do
Troop meetings are held on Wednesday evenings at the Covenant United Methodist Church. Gathering activities begin at 6:30 pm and the opening flag ceremony is at 7:00 pm. We are currently meeting via Zoom during the pandemic – Contact us for the link.
Each month, the Troop tries to hold at least one activity event such as a campout, hike, or special event.
How to join
The joining requirements for Troop 1920 are:
- Be a girl who
- is at least 11 years old, or
- 10 years old and has completed the fifth grade, or
- 10 years old and has earned the Arrow of Light Award
- Is not yet 18 years old.
- Completes the online youth application or a paper youth member application
- Pays membership fees and unit dues.
- The Troop dues are $100/year, due each November.
- If you are a first time applicant who registered on-line, the dues will discounted by the amount of your on-line payment.
- If you want to receive the “Boys-Life / Scouts Life” magazine, it will be an additional $12.
To learn more about being a merit badge counselor or an Adult leader with our Troop, please click here.